3.8K views

I decided to go to this online university in hopes of getting my bachelor's degree.The first semester went okay.

In the middle of the second semester, I was unable to log in to my courses. I called the school and was told that I would receive an email regarding the situation. I was dismissed from the university for something I was utterly clueless about! They made me dispute the situation.

On top of everything, they are still telling me I have to pay the remaining balance on my account. Paying for school means that you are putting your money towards a good education. I was dismissed on no reasonable grounds (which they could not prove), and still required to pay the balance. It makes no sense.

I'm currently disputing the situation to smooth it out.

I can only cross my fingers that the issue is resolved, because I'm not going to stand for a university with this much of a lack of respect for their students.

Stay away from this university.My experience was terrible.

Had an Experience with NorthCentral University?

Comments

Several instructors were recently dismissed. So far, no explanation.

Since there is no explanation of why they dismissed you, it is not possible to comment on your entry.Students do some strange things and expect to be accommodated by teachers.

An example of this is a student who tried to turn in 5 homework assignments at once, even though it was clearly explained that only one would be accepted, due on a specific date, and others could not be submitted until the first was returned. All 5 were late, and all 5 were rejected by the teacher. Was the student angry? Sure!

But she disregarded school rules, so who was at fault? Should she have to pay for the course? Essentially, she hired the teacher to teach her and she failed to respond for the first 5 weeks. Yes, she should pay.

I attend NCU and have received an awful lot from it and the mentors over a two-year period.

The blogs also have very good comments from students who went to other schools on line before NCU.

As I listen to college professors talk about their students, I realize that some people think that rules don't apply to them, and some people are not college material.

Perhaps you should examine yourself before trying to dis an entire university on line.Venting your frustration is understandable, but I'd like to hear the other side of the story!

I am a graduate of NCU who endured the fire.I thought the school learned from the "ruption" their pathological practice entailed in the use of unqualified mentors caused during my stay there (up to 2012).

Drop me a line at educateme5@yahoo.com. I will suggest ways to help with some of your problems.

Indeed Dr. Shaw and Alanna are good people to contact.

Dr.Green

I am having a similar experience.It takes 21 days each time my mentor looks at my concept paper.

I had a professional dissertation consultant take a look and he sent me an article titled Supervisor Bullying.

The whole program has consisted of me writing papers, with very little interaction with mentors much less other learners, but I am living in Vietnam and had limited options.DON'T ENROLL AT NCU!

Similar situation with me.Got all the way to the Dis process and found my mentors were not educated enough to understand the theory I was using, a theory used over 400 times.

I should have caught a clue when in my foundation work my mentors didn’t seem to be experts in the field (Applied Computer Science). They focused totally on grammar and not content. I finally ran out of money and they were “OK, see ya.”

I was stuck for 3 years in the Dis process and the last six months had my paper reviewed twice. Four times in a year.

I sat waiting to hear from the reviewers.

It would take me a week to two weeks to revise my paper and then I’d sit and wait… A student should be able to have their submission reviewed no less than once a month, if that had happened I’d be done.Save your money and go somewhere else.

to HoganB #789255

Hello HoganB.

I am sorry to hear about your experience here at NCU.

Have you spoken with Dr.

Melanie Shaw, the University Ombudsperson? Please feel free to contact Dr. Shaw directly at mshaw@ncu.edu.

She would be happy discuss your concerns regarding your dissertation experience(s).

In addition, you may contact me at avitucci@ncu.edu or 480.710.6843.

Take care,

Alanna Vitucci Director, Communications and Alumni Relations Northcentral University

to Alanna #789704

Hello Alanna,

What about the rest of us who experienced similar situations like HoganB's over the past few years?My direct experience leads me to believe that raising concerns has had little to no benefit for the student.

In fact, it hastens the student's dismissal from NCU. Is this just a token show of concern while NCU is staging itself to be sold to yet another equity group that cares more about profits than student outcomes?

And don't bother pretending to care about me as a former NCU student.I took my research elsewhere and graduated from a school where the research professors were real research professors with computer science in their backgrounds.

to Rocky #1018022

Where?

Rockledge, Florida, United States #778021

I wish I had seen these comments before I began a program with NCU.I was in the Ed.d program for almost 4 years and never got anywhere.

I only had the first 2 chapters approved. It was impossible to get past that because of chair changes and differences of opinions between professors.

If anyone does a suit, please let me know!mikensherri328@yahoo.com

to Sherri #865690

Me too i had the worse experience of my life.They only care about money when you have a real isuues no one care.

Sadly I'm still there because I would lose time and money to transfer.

I made it clear to them that I will talk about it and I do every chance I have and you have no idea how many students they lost with my word of mouth.believe me this company ( I would not call it a university) is going out of business for their bad beaviours